Beginner's questions

I was approved to take the Exam and about to start the prep, but there were still some doubts. So after much research, deliberations and brain storming, following is what I came up with-

Q1. Which section to take first/what order should I take the Exams?

 I took Financial first. I had read its toughest of all/ maximum chapters( per Becker/ Wiley) and then the 18 months period( time within which your first exam credit will expire-time may differ within state), will start ticking the moment I take the first paper, so I can have lot of time for the most voluminous chapter outside the 18 month period. And that was a wise choice.

****Would add here, the subject is not difficult, after putting in some effort you can definitely grasp it, the major issue is"REMEMBERING IT ALL", so whatever is your study strategy always remember to have enough time for revisions.

Q2 In what order should I take the Exams?

A yahoo answer worked for me- Financial---Auditing---Regulation---Business ethics. It made sense too-  Finance is ubiquitous, you will see it all  sections and its good to master that first , helps you understand other subjects well. And then there's lot of auditing in business ethics material, so take auditing first and so on.

Q3. How much time should I devote on each Section?
Now this would depend on an individual's capacity. But I would reiterate that the key to pass these exam is to grasp the concept well, with so many things being introduced, it is not very unusual  to be confused, so have time for revision. I took

  •  3 months for FARE  scored 90
  • 1.5 Month for AUD, scored 82.
  • 2 months for REG, scored 95.
  • 20 days for BEC, scored 88.
Most Important lesson learnt--
Your goal should be to finish off  the exams asap, of course don't take the exam if you are not prepared, but try to get done with the papers as soon as you can.