Can you take the test?

You need to be qualified to take this exam. Oh yes! if  you are considering taking the CPA test, make sure that you have the required education. Each  State has it's own requirement and you can find them, on the State's Accounting Boards website. For International Students, your credentials, need to evaluated. The State Accounting Board provides a list of recognized agencies, who would do a credit evaluation and provide a US equivalence of your International Degree. You can find a Completer list of National Accrediting Agency at  www.ed.gov


When I was planning to take the exam, I was so confused- about application, credential evaluation, NTS, NASBA, but once you start the process, everything will become very clear.

Just remember each state has it's own rules, so first thing, visit your state's website and don't hesitate to call them!!!


As I was a California candidate , I downloaded the handbook for taking the exam and then sent over my transcripts for evaluation. I chose WES,  for my transcript evaluation.
***"What  are transcripts?", they are very similar to your mark sheets, containing the subjects you have studied and the the marks you have scored. 
Be very careful, WES the agency, I chose, does not accept mark sheets, I had to send then official transcripts, which were sealed in University's envelope and sealed by the registrar.So make sure what form of document is acceptable by the your agency.

WES evaluated my transcripts and sent a copy to me and to the CA accounting Board. Next I made an application to the Board for taking the test, got the approval